Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Crocheting up a storm

All this cool weather here in south Florida has inspired me to get out the yarn again!

I've taken up crocheting. My motivation is that I really want to learn to make amigurumi. They are just about the most adorable things in the world! I just downloaded a pattern for an adorable little bee from www.Roxycraft.com. I'm too clumsy with patterns to attemp it yet. A few months ago I bought this cozy crochet kit. It's like the Stitch It kit by Jenny Hart, but for crochet. It has a little guide and a bunch of patterns. I decided to tackle the crochet flower pattern first. It took about 10 minutes to get going on it and by flower number 3 I was crocheting like an expert ;) Well they are pretty basic, but very cute. I put a few for sale in my etsy shop. I embellished them with vintage buttons and pin backs. I plan to put a few on barrettes too. Check them out, www.mamadelic.etsy.com, let me know what you think :) For me, crochet goes much faster than knitting. I've made 4 scarves in the past 2 days that I'm going to try to sell this weekend. I sold one last weekend, the first scarf I ever made! I'll kinda miss it, but I sold it to Harolds cousin, so I can visit it whenever I want, lol!

The Miami Craft Mafia has been so busy! We've had shows every weekend for the past month and have another this Saturday. We'll be at Shenley Park in Miami (Coral Gables). There will be a small art festival there and lot of family activities. It's supposed to be really nice out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?